Suzanne Kasler on The Skirted Round Table

This week designer, author, Suzanne Kasler drops by The Skirted Round Table. Another great interview with a great talent. Ms. Kasler's newest book, 'Suzanne Kasler, Inspired Interiors' is a topic of conversation as we each go through and discuss our favorite rooms in the book.
If you don't have the book already, I recommend it. Kasler has an innate sense of color and balance that throws all rules out the window, keeping an interior fresh, full of movement and continuity.
I chose the farm house photos to discuss with her. I love the play of the rough-hewn structure against the fine antiques, art and textiles. { That green velvet sofa! } Now this is the way a mountain house should look in my book. Not a Navajo blanket in the place.
anyway, go listen, I think you'll be every bit as inspired and enlightened as we were.

Comments

Hello. As a professional home stager I know and highly appreciate Suzanne Kasler's work, especially her ability to balance light and colors. I also bought her book, which is full of great ideas, and found it very inspiring!
Thanks for your post and wish you all the best,
Sara
susan said so said…
EUREKA!! I have been searching high and low for images of log home interiors that don't feature moose heads, resin bears, antlers of some sort, and/or a sign proclaiming "I LOVE COUNTRY!"

Thanks for posting this great example of log home done right. If you want to follow along as we sell our house in Louisville KY and find/purchase/move to our own patch of Eden (and - finders crossed, log home) somewhere in southern Indiana, come visit confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com.

xox,
Susan

Popular Posts