kenneth cobonpue - out door furniture that ( probably ) doesn't look like your mother's.

Whenever we stay at a beautifully executed hotel, I'm  shameless when it comes to flipping over ottoman's, crawling under the desk in the room, shimming out the armoire - all to find that little tag telling me, 'who made it'. Last week while in Nevis, the hotel where we were staying used mass quantities of Janus et Cie furniture. Most of it was what you'd expect with traditional lines and dark wood,  but what stood out to me was a line by designer Kenneth Cobonpue that sat on a little patio over looking the beach. I couldn't find the exact line that the hotel used, but his site had a ton of similar and great looking pieces. Check it:







these guys, below, are my favorites. They look like fishing rope, but the red just makes them killah.


Comments

Karena said…
Oh yes very cool Megan; especially the red!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena
katiedid said…
OK....the third picture actually DOES look like my mother's outdoor furniture from when she livd in New Mexico. It broke in route to CA, otherwise it would be here at my house about now.

Very cool stuff. I have bought from him before for clients. Wish I could have for me!
Susan Sutherlin said…
Loving the red!

Susan
www.susansutherlin.blogspot.com
Megan,
This guy is an awesome designer I met him when he was invited out to Australia to give a talk. I buy a lot of pieces for clients with modern beach house. Everything he does is so clever & original.
x
Melissah
Lisa Holt, ASID said…
"Whenever we stay at a beautifully executed hotel, I'm shameless when it comes to flipping over ottoman's, crawling under the desk in the room, shimming out the armoire"

I know the feeling! I am a hotel designer and I love to see the choices other designers make. Great post!
patio design said…
Wow thats stuff is actually cool. I love the lines and designs! Kenneth always provides unique designed furniture using natural and indigenous materials.

Popular Posts